Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Art Challenge Meeting

 

My Art Challenge group finally met again last Saturday night.  We've been working on the "Transparency" challenge since April but our meetings kept getting postpone due to COVID and clashing schedules.  My entry was the photo above.  I took this photo several years ago at the Tate Modern in London.  I had just had a glass of wine with a friend in the museum's bar and while leaving I noticed the opaque glass and how you could only see shapes and forms through it.  I had this photo printed on glass which seemed appropriate for this photo.  I love the way it turned out.

Here is Dave presenting one of his pieces, a collage of photos he's taken through glasses.  He had another collage of photos taken through windows with familiar views from around the world.  

I presented a second photo also and it was one you have seen before.  In fact, I made this one my photo of the year three years ago.  I love it and I now have a print version I can frame and hang somewhere.

About 3 weeks ago, it was decided to reveal several other challenge subjects so we could hopefully catch up with our art projects when we meet again in October.  Tomorrow I'll show what I created for another challenge.

6 comments:

Gemel said...

Love both of yours Sharon. Really creative.

Travel said...

Great work, and an impressive space for the meeting.

Andy said...

Photo of the year would be my favourite.

William Kendall said...

Good selections!

Steve Reed said...

I love that photo from the Tate! I haven't been there in years. It's time for a return visit.

RedPat said...

I love that Tate shot too, Sharon.