Monday, September 5, 2022

Old Fashioned Barber Shop


 
I love this tiny little barber shop that I pass by quite often.  In fact, I featured this little shop thirteen years ago.  You can see that old post here.

Some time ago, I noticed the owner had added this quaint mural to the side of the shop and I've wanted to take a photo of it ever since.  The problem is, the shop is located on a very busy street and it has 3 tiny parking spaces that are very hard to navigate.  I decided the only way I'd get the shot was on a Sunday when the shop was closed.  So yesterday I braved that prohibitive little parking space and got the photos.


Taking part in Monday Murals

13 comments:

biebkriebels said...

He is beautiful! What we bloggers have to do to make a photo is incredible isn't it?

Andy said...

Wow! That is a beautiful mural. Even the background looks good.

Travel said...

Neat mural, I need a haircut

RedPat said...

That is super, Sharon. I find barber shops rather fascinating with the range they have from posh modern ones to these traditional ones.

Sami said...

What a lovely mural Sharon. Sometimes it's quite difficult to get a good photo of a mural...the sacrifices we bloggers have to make, lol.
Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Sharon.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've also found Sunday is a good day to take photos of murals. You were very brave to get that one. It is a real classic image, too, Sharon.

Stefan Jansson said...

Very fitting.

William Kendall said...

It stands out quite well.

roentare said...

This mural is a true classic. Fitting for the barber shop

Gemel said...

Very striking.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I love when a mural is on the side of a building. Glad you finally figured out a way to get a good shot of it. I live near Philadelphia and find it's also difficult to get photos because of the traffic.

Steve Reed said...

Good job! Sometimes these things require a bit of planning.

Linda said...

Congratulations on beating the parking problem. Nice mural!