Wednesday, September 21, 2022

What Big Ears!

 


I saw this jackrabbit at the Desert Botanical Garden last Sunday morning.  I can't recall ever seeing jackrabbits at the garden before but it makes sense that there would be a few.

Jackrabbits are identified by their very large ears.  They are also bigger than rabbits with longer legs.  













When I first spotted this one, he was at a distance but there was no missing those very big ears.  I zoomed in to get this shot which isn't very good but it does emphasize those ears.  I'm glad I saw him again when he seemed to pose for me for the top two photos.

8 comments:

roentare said...


Really big ears for sure. Gigantic!

Andy said...

Great photos Sharon. He can't hide with ears like that but he sure can hear you coming.

Travel said...

I have never seen one in the wild

Catarina said...

They are huge!!

RedPat said...

I have never seen one. Those ears are really something, Sharon.

Steve Reed said...

Wow, those ears ARE impressive! I don't think I've ever seen a jackrabbit in real life.

Gemel said...

What a priceless and beautiful being.

William Kendall said...

Wascally wabbit!