Wednesday, September 7, 2022

"Parent Portrait"

 

One of the other challenges of my Art Challenge group was "Parent Portrait".  For this challenge, I used a photo of my dad that I took many, many years ago.  I'm guessing this was taken somewhere in the mid 1970's.  Dad loved to explore in the desert and since Phoenix wasn't as big and sprawling as it is now, the open desert seemed closer and easier to get to.  On one of his adventures, he found this old mine shaft and he asked if I would take his photo there.  So off we went into the desert with camera gear in tow.  

I scanned this from an old print I found and then had it printed on metal.  It is much more permanent now.  Maybe 50 years from now, it will hang on the wall of some future home and it will be called "a window into the past".   

It was fun to see the many portraits of departed parents among our Art Challenge group members.  A few even remembered my dad affectionately.  He made friends with everyone he met.  

8 comments:

Andy said...

Your Dad looks like a cool guy... and dresser.

Travel said...

Nice memory, great photo

William Kendall said...

I am reminded of Yul Brynner in The Magnificent Seven.

Steve Reed said...

What a great portrait! He looks like a gunslinger!

Catarina said...

Very thoughtful.

RedPat said...

He looks like a tough guy from a western, Sharon. I love it and the quality is so good.

Gemel said...

Great photo.

roentare said...

He looks a classic!