Sunday, September 11, 2022

Stained Glass Kachina

 


I took the photo above last fall when I had finally given up on finding the stained glass window lit up at night.  This building used to be a branch of The Arizona Bank and their symbol was a Kachina.  When it was the bank, they used to have a light behind the glass window that lit this up as though it had a red background.

Arizona Bank is long gone and this building belongs to a different bank now and no matter how many times I've passed it at night, I've never see it lit up.  

Friday night after dinner, I noticed that there were lights on so I stopped to get a photo.  It looks slightly different with that bright, white light behind it but at least I can now share a photo of what it looks like lit up.  


I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns.  I'm featuring some favorite photos from California.

8 comments:

Gemel said...

What a work of art!

Andy said...

A artistic bank is new to me. That is something you don't see in my neighborhood.

William Kendall said...

Quite striking.

Travel said...

A symbol of the place, it should be there, it should be lit

RedPat said...

It is so lovely, Sharon. I'm glad that you caught it lit up.

Cloudia said...

Oh I'm glad I stopped by here today. Sharon! Very cool! Thanks!

Steve Reed said...

Excellent! It was worth the wait! That's a nice window.

Amy said...

It's quite beautiful and looks like it's reasonablly old