Monday, September 19, 2022

Finally, a Long Walk at the Garden

 

Greetings from the Sonoran Desert!

I've never photographed this spot at the Desert Botanical Garden before but I've seen plenty of people posing here over the years.  I just thought it would be a great way to announce that it is finally cool enough to walk in the garden again.  Well, cool enough first thing in the morning.  Our afternoon temperatures are still right around 100.  But, at 6:30 AM when I arrived, it was a wonderful 74 degrees.  

One thing great about this time of morning is that early sunlight.  It lights up the hills and mountains all around the garden and makes them glow.  

I sat for a few minutes near the contemplation garden and its water feature hoping some birds would come down for a drink.  But this curve-billed thrasher was the only one who got close.  He proceeded to sing with his characteristic loud voice.  

Needless to say, I'm very happy to be able to visit the garden again.  I haven't been since June 17th.  

8 comments:

Andy said...

Beautiful scenery Sharon, the light is perfect. I am impressed with the Thrasher being able to land on the cactus and not get any prickles in him.

Travel said...

Long hot summers, long cold winters, I was working on a entry on the perfect climate.

William Kendall said...

He does not seem to mind the prickly parts.

Stefan Jansson said...

Early bird, and all that.

RedPat said...

I'm impressed that you are out and about so early, Sharon.

Steve Reed said...

Yay! Glad you've been able to return. As Joni Mitchell sang, "We've got to get ourselves back to the garden."

Gemel said...

Nothing as relaxing and nurturing as a long walk in nature.

Amy said...

Ouch I think 100 is way too hot for me.