Friday, September 23, 2022

Desert Wildflower Towers

 

On my way out of the Desert Botanical Garden last Sunday, I stopped to take another photo of the beautiful Chihuly sculptures that have adorned the entrance to the garden since 2008.  Last year's Chihuly exhibit might be gone but these beauties get to stay year after year.  



I've taken lots and lots of photos of these sculptures over the years.  The one above was taken several years ago when I visited the garden in the evening.  The one to the right is a favorite of mine. I used the telephoto to sort of merge all the green glass together.  

One thing is for certain.  I never get tired of seeing these welcoming works of art.

11 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Wow, beautiful pictures of the flowers.

Andy said...

They are a first for me... the evening colours are beautiful.

Travel said...

Maybe I will make it there this winter

William Kendall said...

These are fascinating.

RedPat said...

It is wonderful that they are still there. I wonder if there is ever any breakage of the pieces.

Linda Sue said...

Magnificent!

Steve Reed said...

They look like desert plants, don't they? I'd forgotten that some Chihuly works at the garden are permanent.

Gemel said...

Certainly magnificent pieces of art. Great photos.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

These are beautiful. They look very much like Joshua trees.

roentare said...

The day and night photos give a good contrast of their glow and vibe.

Amy said...

For a minute there I thought they were real.