Wednesday, November 17, 2021

The Robins are Back

 

Over the last weekend, I noticed that the robins were back.  They are once again visiting the courtyard area where I live.  So on Monday afternoon, I took my camera down there and sat and watched them.  

They didn't seem as skittish as they had last year.  They hopped around on the ground near me but they kept an eye on me while doing it.


They used to get frightened by the camera but this time they looked right at me when I took a few photos.


I'm glad they are back.  You might remember when I first spotted them a year or so ago, it was a big surprise.  Robins are not native to the desert southwest but they were native to Illinois where I grew up.  It is great to see them once again.  They bring back childhood memories.


11 comments:

biebkriebels said...

What a beautiful photos you made!

Travel said...

Enjoy them, and send them back north in a few months. Wise birds fly south for the winter

William Kendall said...

They are pretty!

RedPat said...

It is fun watching them! There are a still a few left here who haven't headed south yet.

Steve Reed said...

They were probably wondering what you were up to!

Bill said...

You captured some beautiful photos of these Robins.

Roseann said...

I wonder what is on the feet of the robin in the second photo? Pollen? or some kind of disease?

Revrunner said...

A troupe of actors maybe. :-)

Gemel said...

Very different to the robins here.

Catalyst said...

I sent them down to you.

Sami said...

So cute Sharon. It's amazing to get birds visiting our gardens.