Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Taking a Second Look

 



A friend of mine wanted to see the new exhibit at the Heard Museum so I went with her and took a second look at the exhibit titled "Remembering the Future".  I found two more art pieces that appealed to me.

The one above is called "Corn Dancer" by Pablita Velarde.  I love the geometric style of this one.  I don't see any curves at all.

To the left is a sculpture called "Shaman with Fetish" by Michael McCleve.  Looking at this one, I see a big horned sheep with its large, curved horn.  I look again and I see a large falcon or hawk approaching its prey.  I also like the way the light has cast a perfect shadow behind the piece.  

The abstract nature of both of these appealed to me.


7 comments:

Gemel said...

These are both fabulous.

Andy said...

The artist was thinking outside of the box for this art.

RedPat said...

I like these especially the sculpture, Sharon.

Travel said...

Art that makes us think, or see the world in a different way, the essence of art

William Kendall said...

These are unusual. The first speaks to me.

Steve Reed said...

Nice pieces, both of them. The lighting definitely accentuates the second one.

Bill said...

Beautiful art. I love the sculpture, it is very nice.