Tuesday, November 23, 2021

The Glow of Sunrise

 

Yesterday's brilliant sunset inspired me to post these photos that a took a week ago at sunrise.  I walked at the Desert Botanical Garden at 7:00 AM, just after sunrise and with the sun still low in the eastern sky, it was casting a light on he Papago Buttes making them glow bright red.

Moving along the trail, I saw the sun start to light up the tall saguaro cactus.  

About 30 minutes later, I was on a different trail where the sun was lighting up the mountain to the south and it was beginning to spread across the desert floor.  It was a good time to be walking at the garden.  

10 comments:

Andy said...

I am always amazed. When you are in right location at the right time the sun can put on some very spectacular light shows.

biebkriebels said...

Love that second photo, looks almost like fingers in a glove!

Gemel said...

My most favourite time of day is sunrise.

Steve Reed said...

Those are some really red rocks!

Revrunner said...

That would be a chilly walk here that early in the morning.

Travel said...

Such a wonderful landscape, great series of images

William Kendall said...

Wonderful illumination.

RedPat said...

Spectacular shots, Sharon! I'm not usually up at that time. ;-)

Janey and Co. said...

I think sunrises are my favorite..Pretty pictures.

Bill said...

Early morning shots are my favorite. Great shots, Sharon.