Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Lunch with the Queen

My friend Glenda and I drove out to Carefree Arizona last Sunday to look around the galleries and have lunch.  We dined at the English Rose Tea Room and had lunch while the Queen looked on.





























It is a cute place that was decorated with more English knick-knacks than I've ever seen at a restaurant in England.  I did like the vintage post cards that were under the glass at our table.


The little tea sandwiches went very well with that mushroom and brie soup!

8 comments:

biebkriebels said...

That looks very British indeed!

Janey and Co. said...

Oh I would have loved to tag along. I was involved in a Victorian Tea Party for ten years in our little Colorado town where we spend the summers. Darling post!

RedPat said...

That is a hoot, Sharon! I like the look of those sandwiches!

William Kendall said...

Very British!

Bill said...

Very fancy and very British. The sandwiches do look delicious.

Kay said...

I love afternoon tea. Several hotels in San Francisco used to offer nice teas and I've had some memorable ones at Butchart Gardens in Victoria B.C. But I've never had the Queen looking on.

Steve Reed said...

It's like AGGRESSIVELY English!

Gemel said...

That was a walk down memory lane for me,thanks for sharing.