Sunday, January 12, 2020

Flora & Fauna


There were four distinct exhibits on at the Mesa Art Center when I visited last Friday.  I featured the "Medieval Piñata" exhibit yesterday.  Today I'll feature a few pieces from the "Flora & Fauna" exhibit.  This one featured pieces from many different artists all depicting the beauty of nature.  I was surprised that I recognized the work of several of the artists represented.  Like this piece by Frank Gonzales.  He had a one-man show at the Desert Botanical Garden back in 2018.  His paintings of birds, animals and cactus are wonderfully life-like.


This artist also had a show at the Desert Botanical Garden just last year.  Do you remember her sculptures that are created with recycled materials and found objects?  The artist is Michelle Stitzlein.    Her huge pieces are eye-popping.  This one used all black, white and gray materials.


The artist Mayme Kratz is well known in the valley.  She works with natural materials and resin.  This particular piece is made from resin and grass and it's called "Sunspot 2".  I saw a show of her work back in 2015.  Her work with resin and natural objects is very appealing to me.

(The links take you to past posts I did showing more works by each of these artists.)


This last one I'll show you is an oil painting by Brian Mashburn.  This artist was new to me but I loved this painting so much, I had to share it with you.  It's called "Old Growth".  Isn't it beautiful?  The world would be very dull without the vast amounts of wonderful art that one can find everywhere.

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I was reminded recently of some dark history in Argentina.

8 comments:

RedPat said...

I like them all, Sharon. Especially that 1st one.

Bill said...

They're all very nice, Sharon. My favorite is the last one, it's absolutely beautiful.

s.c said...

I like them. Some good artists there.

William Kendall said...

The last is my favourite.

Kay said...

These are all wonderful works of art. I like them all. The last one reminds me of our rain forests in Washington.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh I so agree Sharon, the world would be a much sadder place without art.. gorgeous pieces here today, the last painting is so beautiful ✨

Steve Reed said...

Amazing works. It's incredible what artists come up with. (As I think I said earlier.)

Gemel said...

Love them all especially the first and forth