Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Dinosaur Escape


Back in the early 80's, I was living in the city of Mesa and I served on the Museum and Cultural Advisory Board.  That was long before the amazing new Art Center but, the Arizona Museum of Natural History was a thriving museum.  However, there was not a huge dinosaur bursting out of the side of the museum while I was on that board.


What a surprise it was to see this fellow looking as though he was about to pounce on my car.  That is quite a sculpture.  I was very impressed.


I was also impressed to see sculptures on almost every corner in Mesa's downtown area.  Old Humpty Dumpty was looking pretty proud of himself sitting on that wall.  Mesa has come a very long way since the time our board was struggling for funding for the arts.

13 comments:

biebkriebels said...

That wallpainting is amazing!

Andy said...

Oh my! The dinosaur is a staggering sight to see. I assume it also attracts a lot of people to take the museum tour.

RedPat said...

I like them both, Sharon!

Steve Reed said...

It seems like your area (like many cities) has become aware of the importance of public art. I love the dinosaur!

William Kendall said...

The dinosaur is quite creative.

Gemel said...

How amazing!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh wow! That is certainly going to attract young people to the museum, which is a good thing! Love to see more money spent on the Arts, it's so important ✨

Kay said...

Wow! That really gets attention! I'll bet local kids are really excited to see that. (And how good Humpty looks intact!)

Catalyst said...

We went to several concerts and events at the marvelous Mesa Arts Center when we lived in the Valley some years ago. Like you said, Mesa has come a long way since the dusty days when I first lived in the Valley.

Catarina said...

Impressive!
: )

Bill said...

Wow, the dinosaur is very impressive to see.

Jack said...

A dinosaur and Mr. Dumpty. Very cool.

Susie of Arabia said...

Love all of this!