Sunday, June 30, 2024

Refreshing Summer Drinks


Heat like we experience here in the desert requires that we stay hydrated.  I usually carry water with me at all times and sometimes iced tea.  At a recent lunch at a nearby Mexican restaurant, I ordered a watermelon agua fresca. It was made of crushed watermelen, lime juice and sparkling coconut water.  It was delicious and that little cube of watermelon a perfect addition.












A few weeks ago at a lunch with friends, I ordered a refreshing drink that had a curl of shaved carrot as the garnish.  I don't recall that it was "carrot" based but it was a tasty drink.
















Last Sunday, my friends and I had drinks at the new Global Ambassador Hotel before we went to dinner.  I ordered a white sangria that was the best I've ever tasted.  

















My friends were a bit more traditional with their lovely martinis.  There were enough olives in this one to constitute a meal.  

There are lots of ways to cool off here in the desert.  However good old water is a must for everyone. 

6 comments:

roentare said...

They look so tantalising to me. Having my winter meat pie now

Travel said...

Stay hydrated

Catarina said...

Very refreshing. And they look as good as they taste.

Bill said...

Now that's how you show what refreshing looks like. Very nice!

RedPat said...

They all look quite tasty and refreshing, Sharon.

Gemel said...

Its the same here in summer, water with me all the time. All of the drinks sound and look refreshing.