Tuesday, December 20, 2022

The Mensch on the Bench

 

I went to a Hanukkah party Sunday afternoon and got to meet the "Mensch on the Bench" pictured here.

If you've heard of the "Elf on the Shelf" then this is his alter ego.

It was a great party with lots of traditional Jewish food and games for the kids.  

I hadn't been to a Hanukkah celebration in a very long time.  It was moving and fun!












It was a very busy weekend for me.  There were several events on my calendar and on Saturday, I took an out-of-town guest on a tour of the Desert Botanical Garden.  That's where I spotted this perfect poinsettia plant.















I also took this self portrait in the reflection of a shiny Christmas ornament.  This was part of the decorations surrounding the roof line of a garden building.  

In addition to the Hanukkah party and the garden tour, I had a members event at the Heard Museum and another National Theater Live play at the Phoenix Art Museum, this time it was a play called "The Book of Dust".  Phew....there was a lot going on.

9 comments:

roentare said...

Happy Hanukkah to you :)
The bearded man is very cheerful

biebkriebels said...

The man on the chair looks very funny. Happy Hanukkah to you.

Andy said...

He's not real but he does have a happy smile.

Travel said...

Happy Holidays - lots to do

William Kendall said...

He lacks the irritating as hell quality of the Elf on a Shelf. This is a good thing.

RedPat said...

I'm impressed by all of your activities, Sharon. I am still a bit leery about being out in crowds.

Steve Reed said...

Mensch on a Bench! That's awesome. I'm impressed once again at your eye for zooming in on tiny details like that reflection in the ornament.

Bill said...

At least he has a smile on his face. Happy Hanukkah to you.

The Happy Whisk said...

The Mench on a Bench cracks me up. I remember when he was on Shark Tank.