Tuesday, July 7, 2020

The Robins Have Moved In


I've spent quit a bit of time down in the courtyard area where I live observing the robins who appear to have moved in.  As I said before, the desert is not a normal environment for robins.  These are the first I've seen in my 50 years of living here!


The birds themselves are starting to get used to seeing me and my camera but, I think a few of my neighbors might be questioning my sanity.  Not many people just sit in the courtyard watching the trees.


I've discovered that there is quite a large family of robins living in the trees down there.  I've seen at least 18 to 20.


I love seeing them and I'll continue to enjoy their company as long as they are around.  

13 comments:

Catarina said...

:))
Enjoy them.

biebkriebels said...

Wonderful photo's!

Andy said...

Awe... so cute. The world of nature is in the process of making changes as to what creature can go where.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

They are a delight Sharon 💛 I wonder why they are appearing here at this time. Sometimes I think all we photobloggers must look a bit strange to others at times 😉

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Don't look like our Robins

Steve Reed said...

Great shots! I wonder why they've chosen to move to your part of the country? Maybe they're retired? LOL

Silver in AZ said...

Much more attractive than the one I've seen! It was a muted color compared to this, which if I recall, means it was the female. Aren't most male birds more brightly plumed than their female counterparts?

William Kendall said...

They're curious company to have around.

Revrunner said...

Man! I just saw today's high temps in Phoenix. And I thought it was hot here!

Bill said...

Wow, you got some great photos of the robins, Sharon. Enjoy watching them!

RedPat said...

You got some great pics of them, Sharon! We get large groups like that in the spring and fall but during the summer they are mostly in pairs and then with their young ones. I saw the temps today for you and I sure don't blame you for staying inside a lot!

Kay said...

These are great shots! Robins are very common here but I haven't identified where they're living. They just fly into our yard and hunt for worms and insects.

Lucyna Drozłowska said...

Uwielbiam tego ptaka . Malowałam go na koszulce i poduszce :)