Friday, July 31, 2020

Radiant Grove


I mentioned yesterday that I went to the Phoenix Public Library last February to see a special Student Art Exhibit.  While I was there, I was able to view several other art exhibits that the library was featuring.  These colorful "trees" caught my eye.  It's a piece called Radiant Grove.

The artist is Daniel Funkhouser and this piece is created from laser cut acrylic.  The colors were amazing but I was kind of wishing they had been placed against a plain wall. I think all the different pieces of colorful plastic that make up the trees would pop out more against a solid background.

This was part of an organization called In Flux which is a collaboration between six valley cities, Phoenix, Chandler, Glendale, Peoria, Scottsdale and Tempe.  The six cities selected 10 artists to create temporary public art works that could be displayed in locations around the valley.  I'm glad I caught this one and learned about this art project.

11 comments:

Susie of Arabia said...

I love this! The shapes and colors are so cool. I agree it would have been better against a plain background.

Stefan Jansson said...

Very Pride.

Steve Reed said...

Wow! Spectacular! They ARE very Pride, as Stefan said above.

biebkriebels said...

They are very pretty!

Travel said...

Great colors, and an amazing space.

RedPat said...

They are so cheerful to see especially during these times of so much horrid news.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Super cool Sharon, this is a wonderful exhibit, I'm happy we got to see it also 💜

William Kendall said...

Very colourful!

Bill said...

Colourful and pretty!

Gemel said...

How beautiful

Kay said...

You're right. They really deserve a better background but then institutions don't always have ideal dedicated space.
Lots of color with this interesting technique.