Saturday, July 25, 2020

Spirit


I took this photo last fall when I was attending one of the lectures at Arizona State University but I only recently found information about this statue.  It was donated to the W. P. Carey School of Management by entrepreneur Morton Fleischer and his wife Donna back in 2009.  For a while the statue stood in front of the Fleischer Museum in Scottsdale but the museum closed in 2002 and the statue was moved to their ranch.  The statue is 14 foot high and 20 foot long and depicts five horses rising out of the earth.  It was created by sculptor Buck McCain.  It must be quite a job to move a statue this big.

10 comments:

biebkriebels said...

The statues overthere do change places often I see. Must be rather complicated to move them around.

Andy said...

Sharon you always seem to come up with the most interesting statues. This one with the horses is impressive.

Travel said...

That is a big lawn ornament. Nice work.

RedPat said...

It is so powerful, Sharon!

Bill said...

Very impressive and beautiful. It must be incredible to see up close.

Revrunner said...

Plus you had to corral those babies before you could move them. :-)

Janey and Co. said...

I like it and maybe now it has found its forever home.

Kay said...

It's beautiful. I hope they're staying put here. I'm sure is a major job to move something like this.

Steve Reed said...

I bet they were glad to find a home for that sculpture where it could be appreciated.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Definitely not easy to move Sharon.. what a magnificent sculpture it is, art in motion 💛