Thursday, July 16, 2020

Remembering the Penthouse


I dug deep into my archives for this post.  Back in 2010, I was working for someone who owned a condo in the One Lexington high-rise building on Central Avenue in Phoenix.  The building had recently been converted to condos from an office building.  My employer obtained permission to hold a political fund-raising event in the penthouse apartment.  The apartment had been scheduled to be the grand prize in the Health & Wealth raffle supporting the Barrow Neurological Foundation.


I attended with my trusty camera in hand to take a few photos for the official event.  But in addition to the clusters of people talking to elected officials, I took a few photos just for me.


It was a two-story condo so I could get some interesting shots from the second floor looking down.  I managed to snap a photo of those nicely arranged trays of snacks before the guests attacked them.


The dining table also looked good from above.  I can see a theme of dots and circles and orbs going on with that decor.

I never did hear who won the penthouse in that raffle.  Back in 2010, I did post one photo from that night on my blog.  It was a night time scene looking out over the city from the fabulous roof-top patio.

13 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Nice photos from above, that table looks very inviting to sit on.

Andy said...

This is certainly out of my league... but I do like your 2010 view of the city.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

The building looks good Sharon, the tasty treats even better, such an excellent perspective ✨

Steve Reed said...

A penthouse apartment is a heck of a raffle prize!! I love that tabletop -- very creative.

RedPat said...

I could see the patio through the window in your first pic and it looked wonderful and what a view it had! It was interesting reading the comments on your old post and seeing people we no longer hear from because they have quit blogging or passed away.

Catarina said...

Gorgeous!! Very sophisticated. : )

Bill said...

Nice perspective from above. The view in your older photo is stunning.

Barbara of Branson said...

Too many times the winner is picked before the drawing.

Revrunner said...

Dang! Look at the size of those wine goblets!

Travel said...

Great space, I could live there

Kay said...

Not only a beautiful setting but really beautifully presented food. Very nice!

William Kendall said...

Quite a place.

Susie of Arabia said...

Another lovely post. The photos taken from the upper floor looking down turned out great. I'd be curious who the lucky winner was!