Friday, July 24, 2020

More Historic Charm


I have three more homes from historic neighborhoods today.  The first one is from the Del Norte Place neighborhood.  This area dates back to 1927 when the area was conceived as an English Cottage style community.  Later construction featured more ranch style homes which explains this one.  Houses here are probably in the $500,000 to $600,000 price range these days.


Earl Place is another neighborhood that dates back to 1927.  This area was named for E. A. Earl who subdivided his agricultural land to help meet the growing need for housing.  Homes here were advertised as charming cottages with custom wood interior detailing and modern conveniences such as electric light switches and kitchen appliances.  Prices here are probably the same as above.


This last house is from the East Alvarado neighborhood.  This area dates to 1929 with a lot of traditional and early ranch style homes.  However as the neighborhood grew, a lot of different architectural styles began to appear.  Prices here are about the same as the two above.

13 comments:

biebkriebels said...

I go for the second one.

Travel said...

I like number 1, my first house in Florida was a spanish colonial. It was small, but well built.

RedPat said...

I like the 1st one best - love that southwest look! I can't get over how reasonable the prices are, Sharon!

Steve Reed said...

All three of these are nice, but I think the first one is the best. It seems to match the environment well.

Bill said...

The houses are nice. My favorite is the first one too.

Revrunner said...

I'm not sure how they hold up, but those clay or ceramic tiles always look super.

Catarina said...

These give the impression of grandeur.

Kay said...

I'm surprised at the diversity of styles in the 1920s. Like most others I vote for the first house. Its classic style has held up well.

Amy said...

You can definitely see the vintage-ness in the architecture, it's nice to see them still well looked after.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

They have all held up well over the years Sharon, I do believe construction was better back then than now, now they seem to cut a lot of corners 😉
P.s. I think our Lowell telescope is connected to NASA and Arizona Sharon, I did read that while researching but can't find where I found it 😊

Janey and Co. said...

I like the second one but I would extend the porch all the way across the front.

William Kendall said...

Very appealing.

Susie of Arabia said...

All three are quite charming