Wednesday, February 12, 2020

The Birds at the Watering Hole


My weekend walk at the botanical garden turned out to be a good time for bird watching.  At my favorite spot, the contemplation garden I got to see quite a lot of birds coming in for a drink.  It was the first time I had seen quail at this spot.


I enjoyed seeing these plump chaps stop by for a drink.


After the quail left, the lesser goldfinches showed up.


There was quite a large group of them taking turns in the water.


Some were there for a quick bath while others just needed a drink.


And, it seems this guy just wanted to sit in the water.

10 comments:

Janey and Co. said...

I so enjoy seeing birds, especially when I am traveling. I see birds that are not native to where I live. When I lived in The Netherlands a huge pheasant was sitting on my fence.

RedPat said...

I've never seen a quail so that would have been wonderful to see. The Goldfinches are starting to get their yellow feathers back for summer ahead here.

Catarina said...

These are fabulous pictures.
I did photograph some robins yesterday. First time this year.

Steve Reed said...

Great shots! Quail are so funny. You wonder how they evolved with that little black feather coming out of the top of their head. What's that about?!

Mae Travels said...

Great bird photos! I love those California Quail with the head plume.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

William Kendall said...

Playing in the water is such a fun sight to see with birds.

Lucyna Drozłowska said...

Świetne fotografie , piękne ptaki .

Gemel said...

Such fabulous photos, love seeing birds in other countries, they are all so beautiful and unique.

Kay said...

Wonderful shots, including nice reflections. The botanical garden seems like a photographer's heaven.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I love seeing the little birds like this Sharon, gorgeous ✨ The quail has such fun headteachers 💙