Thursday, February 20, 2020

Memorabilia



When I went to the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism to see that  World Press Foundation photographic exhibit, I discovered a small museum of memorabilia from the long career of Walter Cronkite.

There was a collection of magazines with him on the cover, some books, one of his typewriters and one of his Emmy's.






















There was also a collection of cameras used by reporters and even an old television camera from one of our Phoenix area television stations.

There was quite a lot to see in this one room.  It's a wonderful tribute to a very well respected newsman.

11 comments:

biebkriebels said...

That is a name of long ago, but I still remember Walter Kroncite having heard on television here. Nice exhibit.

Andy said...

I grew up watching Walter Cronkite broadcast the news on TV. Too bad he is not still here to take care of the fake news.

RedPat said...

Cronkite was the voice of our youth even here in Canada.

Revrunner said...

There's a fellow I know who says he used to sail with Cronkite.

Karl said...

Oh, these old cameras....

Steve Reed said...

Even as a child, I found Walter Cronkite so comforting. I remember when he retired how unsettling it was -- maybe one of my earliest experiences of impermanence.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Nice, I like seeing retro like that

William Kendall said...

They don't make them like him anymore.

Kay said...

His voice is still in my head, as is Jim Lehrer's. Two broadcast greats. They've narrated the better part of my life.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I agree with William, they broke the mould when he retired Sharon. News reporting these days is dodgy to say the least ✨

Gemel said...

A great man lost, but his memory lingers on.