Saturday, February 29, 2020

Random Musings


Here are some random thoughts I had while taking photos.  I guess it's not enough to own a Rolls Royce, someone had to cover it in a flashy metallic wrap too.


An interesting art work at a local gallery.  There is definitely a message being conveyed here.  I didn't catch the artist's name but I think it's likely whoever it is will be voting in the Democratic primary.  They might even be a "Bernie" fan.


I spotted that ragged plastic trapped in a tree when I was walking around downtown Phoenix.  There is no escaping the scourge of plastics.






























A scar I found on one of the fleshy leaves of an agave plant.  I liked the interesting pattern.  It looks like an inner-city freeway map.

13 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

Not what I would do if I owned a RR!

Billy Blue Eyes said...

I think that owning a RR at some pint will become a thing of the past, certanly in this country. They need to think electric

biebkriebels said...

A nice compilation of photos. We have a piece of plastic in a high tree here too... no one can reach it.

Bill said...

A nice series of images. We hardly ever see plastic bags, if you request one when shopping, it will cost you 23 cents a bag. That's a good incentive to bring your own when out shopping.

Janey and Co. said...

Oh no why would someone do that to a luxury car? Clever art display the soup cans. Funny when I saw the scar on the leaf, I didn’t think map, I thought of my face!

Thank you for your sweet words on my post...Janey

Andy said...

Interesting variety today. I think you are right about the Bernie fan.

RedPat said...

Interesting pics, Sharon! When I saw the last one I thought it was icicles - it is quite cold here today! ;-)

Steve Reed said...

I think local governments everywhere probably have to spend a lot of money to fish plastic out of the trees. (Or maybe they rely on concerned citizens to do it, since local governments seldom HAVE money for stuff like that these days.)

That Rolls literally made me exclaim, WOW! Not exactly subtle, is it?!

William Kendall said...

That last shot is quite eye catching.

Kay said...

Agave scars. Who would have thought?
I think I like John Lennon's Rolls more than the one you show...
Plastic bags are bad enough in trees. The photos of them in the oceans are even more horrific.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Super series of diverse subjects Sharon, we can't get away from plastic can we, it pops up everywhere!

Taken For Granted said...

What a fine series of photos. Yes, the Rolls Royce is way over the top. Have to be a rock star or a professional athlete to drive something like that. The art work with a play of Warhol's Campbell's soup cans is funny.

laixinjie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.