Wednesday, September 25, 2019

The Storm


I was driving toward home Monday evening when the remnants of hurricane Lorena made its way into the Phoenix area.  I snapped this photo right out the windshield as I was climbing up over the Papago Buttes along McDowell Road.  I saw those clouds and knew I had to get the shot.  By the time I got home, the wind was blowing and I could see lightening strikes to north and west of me.  Pretty soon it was raining bucket loads, the lightening was like a blitzkrieg while the thunder was rattling the windows.  I loved it!

11 comments:

Billy Blue Eyes said...

We have had a bit of a storm here but not as big as the one going to happen in Parliment today

biebkriebels said...

Oh dear that looks threathening, great shot. The storms seems to become more extreme these days.

Andy said...

Well done Sharon. The sky looks threatening but you captured it in moment of beauty.

Catarina said...

That was a very intimidating sky! Beautiful... but intimidating!

RedPat said...

Spectacular! I wouldn't be loving that storm though!

William Kendall said...

Incredible and dramatic!

Catalyst said...

Wonderful photo though I wonder about your sanity considering how you took it. :^)

Bill said...

What an amazing shot of the approaching storm.

Kay said...

Wow! That's a really dramatic shot and it sounds like a wild storm. I'd have been happy to be safe at home during that one.

Karl said...

Wow, what a dramatic picture !

PerthDailyPhoto said...

How fantastic Sharon, you needed that rain didn't you! I bet the smell of the rain was divine 💧💧