Saturday, September 28, 2019

Clouds and Puddles


It's been a week of clouds and rain puddles here in the desert southwest.  The remnants of hurricane Lorena that I mentioned on Wednesday have been hanging around for the past few days.

I'm not complaining.  It's a very nice change from the months of hot and hotter weather we've had over the summer.






















I did venture out to the Desert Botanical Garden late Monday afternoon to snap a few photos.  Cloudy skies sometimes make great photos.

You might notice the young couple in the very lower right of the photo above.  They thought the light was perfect for a few of what I'm guessing might have been engagement photos.

11 comments:

Andy said...

In the last photo it looks like the cactus is giving me the finger.
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

biebkriebels said...

Nature needs some rain....

Kate said...

I wonder how that weather affects the plants in your favorite spot, the Botanical garden?

RedPat said...

All of the plants are getting a good drink!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Love the puddles Sharon, I can image how much you enjoyed the rain.. have to say your last cactus shot did make me smile 😉

Bill said...

I had the same thoughts as Andy. :)
The rain must feel nice and refreshing.

William Kendall said...

I also thought the same thing about that last shot.

Amy said...

I love those cactuses, they really stand out.

Kay said...

I love your Botanical Garden shots. I'll bet it's a great spot after the kind of rain you've been having.

Steve Reed said...

That does look like a great location for some engagement photos -- as long as no one reads the cacti as a prickly metaphor for their relationship!

The Real Illuminati Temple said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.