Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Architectural Details in Tempe



Since Tempe is growing by leaps and bounds, there seems to be a lot of interesting architectural details in the buildings around the city.  Above are some of the pretty details around the Grady Gammage Auditorium, the Frank Lloyd Wright masterpiece that is part of Arizona State University.

To the left we see two building structures that almost meet each other. One is an office building and the other is the parking garage.  There are lots of new and modern buildings along the Tempe waterfront, facing the Tempe Town Lake.




Above is a building that houses luxury condominiums.  This one is also on the Tempe Town Lake so residents have views of the lake and all the water activities.  Those top units will also see the Phoenix skyline from up there.

To the left is the minaret on the mosque that has been located in downtown Tempe for many years.  If I happen to be dining in downtown Tempe, I can hear the call to prayer coming from this pretty minaret.

I must have gotten so excited about Theme Day and the color red, that I totally forgot to mention that I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns.  I'm featuring the throne room of the villa on Isola Bella.  It is bit on the strange side.



9 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Interesting to see the mosque there - and everyone getting along I presume,

biebkriebels said...

A very different series of architecture.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

That's a diverse series of architectural styles Sharon, only the first feels like Arizona to me 😉

Catarina said...

I like these different types of architecture.

RedPat said...

There are a lot of beautiful buildings there, Sharon! FLW really stands out.

William Kendall said...

The first one appeals to me most.

Steve Reed said...

Lots of interesting contrasts!

Bill said...

A nice series of various architecture types. I really like the first photo, nice composition.

Catalyst said...

I have never seen that minaret. I wonder if it was there when I was.