Saturday, September 7, 2019

Pleasant Environment


The State Farm Insurance Headquarters that I featured yesterday, has gone to a lot of trouble to create a very pleasant environment for workers and visitors alike.  There a lots of green spaces and lots of public art, like this tall and lacy tower in the photo above.  I don't know the artist for this one.


However, you might remember this sculpture that I featured back in May.  It's called Theater of the Wind by Ilan Averbuch.  The photo I featured in May was from a different viewpoint.


There are several water features scattered around the area and they seem to complement the view of Tempe Town Lake that runs along one whole side of the campus.


There are also cactus gardens and seating areas.


And, since the complex sits right under the flight path for Sky Harbor International Airport, employees (and visitors) can watch the planes as they fly over either taking off or landing.  


Here I am, back at those shiny pillars again.  I do like the look of these behemoths.  Their reflective qualities go so well with all that reflective glass.

8 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

Love all the art.

biebkriebels said...

That is always nice to have art around, makes the world a better place!

Andy said...

Very attractive location. State Farm has done a great job.

RedPat said...

They seem to have spared no expense to make this a wonderful space, Sharon!

William Kendall said...

The water feature particularly draws my eye.

Bill said...

Must be very nice to see all this beauty when working there. I do like those water features, I wonder if birds do a drop by for a refreshing drink.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

It really is a spectacular environment Sharon, I remember the Theatre of the Wind sculpture, so fabulous. I'm guessing the photo ops around here will be endless ✨

Steve Reed said...

Looks like a great place to work. I love that lacy tower. And once again the Theater of the Wind made me think of Naxos!