Thursday, September 12, 2019

Outside Comfort


Driving through one of our many historic neighborhoods, I saw this pretty wing-back chair sitting on a front porch.  You don't see many beautifully upholstered chairs sitting outside like this.  Hopefully, it doesn't get much sun on it because our wicked sun will quickly fade and damage that lovely fabric.


While I was stopped to take the photo of the chair on the porch, I saw this butterfly sharing this plant with a bunch of aphids.  It looks like a painted lady but I can't see enough of it's colors to be sure.

9 comments:

biebkriebels said...

The chair looks good for a picture and will be comfortable to sit in aswell.

Andy said...

Two photos I really like. Along with the butterfly the chair looks so colourful.

RedPat said...

The chair is quite a curious sight, Sharon. Here you would be more worried about it getting wet than getting bleached by the sun. We have been getting scattered showers and forms all week.

Steve Reed said...

Like RedPat, the first thing I thought of seeing that chair was dampness, not sun damage! Either way, I think keeping upholstered furniture outdoors is generally a bad idea. That DOES look like a painted lady! I didn't realize you had those in Arizona!

William Kendall said...

I would not have that kind of chair outside.

Catarina said...

That's a lovely chair. I wouldn't mind having it in my study.
The butterfly is a beauty.

Karl said...

The chair looks comfortable and the butterfly is a beauty !

Bill said...

A nice comfortable chair and a beautiful butterfly. I hope they take the chair out of the sun for part of the day so it doesn't get ruined.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Looks like there are two of them Sharon, how nice to sit out here and read, chat or just enjoy the view ✨