Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Yellow Blooms Everywhere


Last Friday, I met a friend for lunch (and shopping) at Kierland Commons up in north Scottsdale.  In order to get there from my house, I have to drive up over the mountains of the Phoenix Mountain Preserve.  On the whole drive to the center, I was in awe of the yellow of the Palo Verde trees everywhere I looked.


So I couldn't stop myself from taking more photos.  Maybe it's because of my cataract surgery last fall that I'm seeing the blooms brighter than ever.  Whatever the reason they seem especially gorgeous this year.


Here are some blooms framing that "praying monk" I mentioned last week when I posted about the painting I found at the art museum.


Another pretty tree along a road I travel quite frequently.  


Just driving down an ordinary street is suddenly a beautiful scene.

I stopped at another place to take some photos that I'll show you later this week.  I'm loving all the color I'm seeing this spring.

10 comments:

biebkriebels said...

It looks beautiful!

RedPat said...

What a gorgeous time of year, Sharon!

Karl said...

Ah, gorgeous !

The Padre said...

Quite Colorful And Works Well With The Arizona Falls Photos

Cheers

Steve Reed said...

Beautiful! There's nothing like yellow blossoms against a blue sky. How long do these trees bloom?

Bill said...

All the yellow looks gorgeous with the blue sky.

William Kendall said...

That certainly is pretty.

Jack said...

All of this yellow would brighten my spirits. I go north in a week and look forward to seeing the yellow forsythia. A similar look from a very different plant.

Judy said...

So pretty! I bet the bees are happy.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Would wow! They really are a spectacular sight Sharon, would be impossible to not stop and take more shots 🌻