Friday, April 26, 2019

Getting a Little Abstract


I think I might have been inspired by those abstract paintings I saw (and loved) last weekend. When I was walking at the Scottsdale Mall behind the Saguaro Hotel I kept seeing artistic views unfolding.  The hotel is painted in big, bold colors like pink, orange, yellow, blue and white.  The above is at the back of the hotel by the patio off of a ballroom.


I decided to get a little abstract and zoom in to capture just the pink and orange with that tiny speck of white against the blue sky.


I walked around some more and saw this blue wall with the blooming palo verde tree in front of it.  Blue and yellow go together so well.


Around another corner I saw this ocotillo up against the white wall.  How do you like my little photographic foray into abstraction?

12 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Pretty bright colours! :)

RedPat said...

I enjoyed it especially since we are having a dull rainy day here!

Catarina said...

Very bold colours, indeed. They brighten my day. As RedPat said we are having a very dull rainy day here. :)

Steve Reed said...

Terrific! I love all the colors! Reminds me of the Mexican architect Luis Barragán. He used a lot of bright colors like that.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I always enjoy your forays into abstraction Sharon 😊 Stunning colours here 💛

Bill said...

Super vibrant colourful shots, I really like the abstracts. We have a dull rainy day going on here too. :(

Tanza Erlambang said...

beautiful photos...
have a wonderful spring

William Kendall said...

These are wonderful shots!

Judy said...

Very good!

Amy said...

I like those colours, very eye catching.

Stefan Jansson said...

Abstract photography is great fun.

Jack said...

I like those bright colors!