Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Geometric Repetitions

 

The second exhibit I saw at the Shemer Art Center last Friday was called "Geometric Repetitions" and it was all about repeating patterns.  I walked into the first gallery and felt like I had entered my "happy place".  I love patterns of all kinds and the gallery rooms were filled with just that.  

That piece on the wall to the left is made of fabric and it was by Claire Victor.  She had two other pieces in the exhibit shown below.



Aren't these simply amazing?  The description says she's been making modern quilts for 22 years.  She says she is inspired by the "tumbling block" pattern and by origami.  These are truly works of art.

Tomorrow, I'll show you a few more pieces from this show.  I loved it so much, I might have to make a second trip before the show ends.





8 comments:

roentare said...

Geometric repetitions are very fascinating here

William Kendall said...

These are quite eye catching.

Thérèse said...

Wonderful!

Travel said...

The detail in those is amazing

RedPat said...

Her pieces are incredible, Sharon. The craftsmanship is astounding.

Steve Reed said...

Those are QUILTS? Incredible! I love not only the geometry but the stitching in the backgrounds as well.

Bill said...

Very impressive and well done.

Catalyst said...

I'm simply amazed by that last one.