Thursday, October 13, 2022

Colorful Sculptures

 


There is a new art exhibit at the Desert Botanical Garden.  It just opened last week and it features the sculptures of Rotraut Klein-Moquay and artist who is known by her first name, "Rotraut".  I hadn't heard of this artist before but I'm sure I've seen some of her works in my travels. She is a German-French artist and she now lives in Arizona.  















Her sculptures are very large and are formed in a variety of shapes.  They pop with brilliant colors.

The garden describes them as having the "energy of the seasons".  

They are another colorful addition to the garden's desert plants.  

10 comments:

roentare said...

These signs look like ancient hieroglyphs in some ways. Very artistic in the desert garden

biebkriebels said...

Always nice to see some art at different places.

Travel said...

Where would the idea for the shape come from?

RedPat said...

I think I like the 2nd one best.

Catarina said...

I like them!!

William Kendall said...

These stand out beautifully.

Bill said...

The colours really pop out in their location.

Amy said...

Interesting, you could stand there and ponder the different shapes that they resemble.

Catalyst said...

"Distracting", I'd say. But maybe that's just me.

Steve Reed said...

I wonder how she comes up with those shapes. It looks like she might drop a piece of string and sculpt whatever pattern it forms when it lands!