Sunday, October 9, 2022

Butterflies at the Garden

 


The butterfly pavilion is open at the Desert Botanical Garden and I took a stroll through it yesterday.  I was surprised to get such good photos of the two swallowtails.  They are usually flapping their wings so fast that it's hard to get a good shot.  Yesterday they sat perfectly still.  The top photo is a Pipevine Swallowtail.


To the left is a monarch.











Above is a Giant Swallowtail and to the right is a White Peacock.

I'm glad I stopped in when I did and caught the butterflies in a cooperative mood.


I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today. I'm visiting an Oregon Winery.

9 comments:

roentare said...

These are fabulous butterflies, Sharon :)

Andy said...

Temperatures are dropping here... it's too cold for those lovely butterflies.

biebkriebels said...

You have some very beautiful butterflies there and so many different ones.

Travel said...

Amazing colors, sometimes they just won't sit still

RedPat said...

Butterflies are such magical creatures. Good shots, Sharon.

Bill said...

The butterflies wings are like pieces of art, they are beautiful.

William Kendall said...

They are lovely.

Amy said...

Lovely colours the last one contrasts well with the red flowers.

Gemel said...

These are spectacular.