Sunday, June 19, 2022

The Last Day for Chihuly

 


Today is the last day for the Chihuly in the Desert Exhibit at the Desert Botanical Garden.  On Monday morning, the crews will arrive to start dismantling the sculptures.  It will probably take all week.  

When I went for that walk on Friday morning, I snapped a few more photos just for posterity.  

Above are the Blue Birch Reeds and Scorpion Tails that was located near the entrance.  To the right are the Paintbrushes that were located at the Cactus and Succulent Garden.









Above is a close up of the Lime and Lava Red Tower.  The whole thing is pictured to the left.  I took that photo about a month ago when the palo verde in the background were still blooming.















Of course, the Desert Wildflower Towers will stay right where they are.  The garden purchased these after the very first Chihuly exhibit at the garden back in 2008 and 2009.  Guests are greeted by these beauties right at the entrance to the garden.

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I'm looking at the grand homes in my home town.

9 comments:

Andy said...

Looking good Sharon. I don't see gardens like this in my part of the world.

Travel said...

It has been a fun show, thank you for taking us along

Gemel said...

The blue is dazzling.

Bill said...

They are so beautiful.

biebkriebels said...

Wow that looks good!

Steve Reed said...

I would love to see how they ship all that glass to its next destination. Wonder how many containers are required?

RedPat said...

The place will seem bare without these.

William Kendall said...

I can see their appeal to you.

Catarina said...

I like the blue ones.