Sunday, June 12, 2022

Red Reeds

 



Here is one of the Chihuly sculptures that I haven't pictured here before.  It's called simply, Red Reeds.

The reason I haven't shown this one before is because it is my least favorite.  For the longest time, I thought it wasn't done yet.  But it has stayed this way for the entire show.  To me, this one just doesn't have the appeal of all the other installations.  It appears to be lacking in imagination.  What do you think?


I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I'm stepping back in time....way back.  

7 comments:

Amy said...

I like them, the red colour really stands out

Travel said...

I like the color, they look more like they are stacked waiting, then growing.

William Kendall said...

I like it. Could be personal taste.

Steve Reed said...

It has a sort of minimalist appeal. It looks like it's trying to mimic that spiky plant directly behind it.

Bill said...

Very striking.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

They remind me of sharp red cactus spines. To my eye, they don't look like reeds at all.

RedPat said...

The design isn't as interesting as his other designs but I love the colour, Sharon.