Friday, June 17, 2022

Artistic Ocotillo

 

I found this house in the historic district called Willo.  The Willo district is located between downtown and midtown and contains some very beautiful houses that have been lovingly restored.  This one caught my eye because of those artistic "ocotillo" plants at the front.


By artistic, I mean they are not real.  They are made from metal rods with "blooms" on the ends.


I didn't get close enough to be able to tell if the "flowers" were also made of metal or they were sculpted from some other material.  From a distance, the "ocotillo" almost looked like the real thing.  So much so that I almost missed them.  


12 comments:

William Kendall said...

Fascinating!

Travel said...

They would never need trimming, or watering, always in bloom, just repaint every few years.

Andy said...

From a distance they do look real. The grounds are immaculate.

biebkriebels said...

A beautiful garden.

RedPat said...

These are cool, Sharon.

Catarina said...

Easy to maintain I'm assuming. : )

Janey and Co. said...

I would have never guessed that they aren’t real! Don’t take a lot of watering!

Bill said...

What a beautiful looking garden.

Catalyst said...

Bee-zahr!

William Kendall said...

Quite unusual.

Steve Reed said...

Well, that's kind of clever. But why not just grow a real ocotillo? I wonder.

Amy said...

I really like the garden, all the plants seem to be very easy to manage