Thursday, June 30, 2022

Eat Your Veggies!

 

It seems like every year, the Desert Botanical Garden grows a different selection of vegetables in the herb and vegetable garden.  The vegetables always look so beautifully shaped and tasty like this perfect green pepper.



On one visit I saw this beautifully shaped head of cabbage and this equally beautiful eggplant.

















This cauliflower was spotted recently.  I can think of several ways to prepare this, roasted or in a soup comes to mind.

The garden seems to always have some peppers growing and I always wonder if they get harvested and used by someone at the garden.  I would certainly be temped.  You can't beat fresh vegetables straight from the garden.

9 comments:

biebkriebels said...

They all look very tasty!

William Kendall said...

My mother would boil cauliflower and serve it with either a white sauce or a cheese sauce.

Andy said...

Sharon you just made me hungry.

Travel said...

I can cook with that.

RedPat said...

Such beautifully formed veggies, Sharon.

Catarina said...

Veggies are very important! :))

Janey and Co. said...

I would certainly hope these don’t go to waist!

Steve Reed said...

That eggplant looks like something scratched at it. A raccoon, maybe? Do you have raccoons in Arizona?

Bill said...

Nice and fresh!