Saturday, October 12, 2019

Pink Ribbons


I bet most of you know that I LOVE chocolate but, you probably don't know that I'm also a breast cancer survivor.  I was diagnosed 4 years ago.  So, I'm on my way to the 5 year mark!

With this being Breast Cancer Awareness month, I was seeing pink ribbons show up in different places and when one of my all time favorite chocolate stores  (Zak's Chocolates) sent me an email saying they were making these special pink ribbon clad chocolates all month long, I decided I needed to get some.  Not only were they selling these specially made raspberry & rose truffles, they were also donating 100% of the proceeds to a charity called The Joy Bus who provide chef prepared meals for home-bound cancer patients.  How could I not participate in a deal like that!  So I bought some and then I bought some of their other chocolates to go with them.  It's all for a good cause, right?

If you live in this area, go get some.  You won't regret it!

8 comments:

biebkriebels said...

I love chocolates and I would certainly buy them when I see one.

RedPat said...

What a great program! I'm so glad that you are getting close to the 5 year mark, Sharon. Hugs to you today!

Bill said...

What a wonderful program to keep breast cancer awareness in the front so people will remember. I had a friend who lost her battle with breast cancer and left behind her 12 year old son. So sad but there are good stories too.
Congrats on approaching five years.

William Kendall said...

I did not know that about you.

Kay said...

Congratulations! Passing those year by year marks is a meaningful accomplishment. I've passed 16 with melanoma but am in the midst of a different kind of skin cancer - not as frightening as other kinds, like yours.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Such a good cause..and chocolate too 😉 so happy to hear you are coming up clear for almost five years Sharon, it is a scary prospect 💜💙

Steve Reed said...

Terrific! Bravo for supporting the cause, and glad to hear about your continued good health.

Thérèse said...

Pink ribbons show up over here too and I am always ready to help for such a great cause. I receive so much help in the US when I was detected...