Sunday, October 6, 2019

It Wasn't All Monarchs


A week ago I posted a lot of photos of the monarch butterflies at the Desert Botanical Garden.  They were in the butterfly pavilion and there were lots of them this year.  However, they weren't the only butterflies sharing that verdant space.  I thought I should feature a few of the other beauties that were on hand.  Above is a pretty gulf fritillary.


And here is a white peacock.  There were lots of these too.


I believe this one is a cloudless sulphur.  It was the only one of these that I saw.


Here's a pipevine swallowtail. 


And, I always enjoy seeing a buckeye hanging around.


There were also a few giant swallowtails around.  I think I've given everyone equal time now.

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I'm looking inside the Duomo in Milan Italy.

9 comments:

biebkriebels said...

They are really beautiful, amazing those precious creatures have so much colours.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh my gosh the butterflies are gorgeous Sharon what a very fine series of images, the colours and wing patterns are divine 💙

Steve Reed said...

You could easily be in Florida with that assortment of butterflies -- except maybe the pipevine swallowtail. I don't know that one.

RedPat said...

These are so gorgeous, Sharon! We are getting to the end of butterfly season here!

Bill said...

These butterflies are gorgeous, Sharon. I love their different patterns on the wings.

William Kendall said...

They're so pretty!

Revrunner said...

We see the tiger swallowtail most frequently here.

Kay said...

What great shots! It's a pleasure to see these beauties up close. Thanks for the wonderful "equal time."

Thérèse said...

It reminds me of the exhibit at the DBG. So fun. Thks