Thursday, October 24, 2019

I'm Seeing Purple


Violet silverleaf is a shrub that is perfect for this desert environment because it needs very little water and loves to grow right in the bright Arizona sun.  For that reason, it is used in landscaping pretty much everywhere in this valley.  They bloom in the fall with these great purple flowers.


Since fall has arrived, they are blooming like crazy everywhere I look.

Some people let them grow naturally like the photo above and some trim them into hedges or shape them to form a more rounded look.  I like them with the natural look.

I'm enjoying seeing these purple flowers everywhere in our city.

12 comments:

Andy said...

Purple is looking good.

RedPat said...

How beautiful, Sharon!

Bill said...

Beautiful purple looking good!

Revrunner said...

Gorgeous!

William Kendall said...

So pretty!

The Padre said...

How Beautiful - Thanx For Sharing

Cheers

Catalyst said...

I don't remember them from our years in the Valley but they are very pretty.

Kay said...

Beautiful! They're shaped like something that attracts hummingbirds but I wonder if the color is right.

Wilson Halder said...

beautiful picture. purple is my favorite color. clipping path service

Steve Reed said...

I do like that natural shape.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

It's so pretty Sharon, my granddaughter's favourite colour 💜

Catarina said...

Gorgeous shades of purple!