Friday, February 8, 2019

College Architecture


I mentioned that there was some interesting architecture at the Chandler/Gilbert Community College along with the sculptures I found.  Many of the buildings were constructed of concrete block but with artistic touches that made them stand out.  The building above was all glass with a steel framework around it.


And this building had some added color and that second story walkway with the silver arches over it. It sort of looked like a fancy, stretched-out slinky toy.

9 comments:

RedPat said...

I like both of these, Sharon!

Kate said...

Both buildings are rather striking forms on the landscape.

Judy Ryer said...

Wow! Chandler has sure changed since I lived there.

William Kendall said...

The walkway draws my eye.

biebkriebels said...

I like them both too.

Bill said...

Very nice to see, Sharon. I like them both too.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

What a beautiful campus. Yes, it does look like a big slinky!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

How fab for a college community campus Sharon, always good to see imaginative architecture ✨

Steve Reed said...

I had that same "Slinky" thought! It's a great idea for a walkway.