Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Artistic Fabric



Here are two more designs from that fashion exhibit I saw about a week ago at the Phoenix Art Museum.  These two were created with fabric that features existing art.

Do you recognize that face on this dress?  It's from the 16th-century painting by Giuseppe Archimboldo.  It seems Archimboldo's work has inspired a lot of other art.  Remember these?

Other parts of this dress come from art works by Abraham Mignon.















This one features art by Makoto Takahashi.

Both designs are created from inkjet printed fabric and both were designed by Rei Kawakubo.

The design of these two pieces do not appeal to me at all but the fabric is certainly interesting.

8 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Fashion is sometimes meant for looking at and not to wear it it seems. I wouldn't like to wear a head on my breast! :)

RedPat said...

The fabric is great but I agree about wearing these, Sharon!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I remember the Four Seasons Sharon, they, and the material here are fabulous!

William Kendall said...

Very colourful!

Bill said...

Very creative designs and very colourful.

Keri Garrett said...

The floral on the top dress is just so beautiful.

Steve Reed said...

Anyone wearing these gowns (are they gowns?) would definitely turn heads!

Jack said...

If you like these, you would like a current exhibition at Artis Naples. Whenever I encounter an art exhibit based on fashion, I run the other way.