Monday, February 18, 2019

Early Blooms


There were only a few things blooming at the garden last Saturday.  This pretty, purple bloom was on the Arizona Sophora tree.  I thought it was Texas Mountain Laurel when I saw it but the sign said Arizona Sophora.  So, I looked it up and it looks like it's from the same family.


This one is a favorite of mine.  It's called Purple Coral Pea vine.  The garden has it planted so that it tumbles over a tall wall.  I do like purple flowers.

The aloe are blooming too and since the garden has a huge selection of them, there are blooms similar to these everywhere you look.

12 comments:

biebkriebels said...

It is all blooming and blosseming, looks beautiful those purple colours.

Andy said...

Lucky you. Compared to here everything looks so beautiful.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

The purple coral creeper is gorgeous Sharon, I've seen it growing over walls here too, spectacular!

Judy Ryer said...

Wow! Things blooming there and only 90 miles away 4 inches of snow on the ground here.

Catarina said...

Gorgeous colors!
I look outside and I see white... It snowed last night!

RedPat said...

We got more snow last night so these flowers look wonderful to me! Although I have plants indoors with lots of buds right now so will soon have some color!

Bill said...

What beautifuls colours to see, they are so pretty.

Amy said...

I love the aloe vera, they grow particularly well here in NZ.

Lois said...

Gorgeous!

William Kendall said...

Cheerful to see!

Steve Reed said...

Nice! It helps to have some color in the garden at any given time of year, doesn't it?

Jack said...

Wow! All beauties! When my daughter lived outside Joburg and I took her dogs for walks, I always passed aloe with those red spikes.