Thursday, February 28, 2019

A Bit of a Rant


I think I mentioned last summer that I bought a new Mac computer at my local Apple store at Biltmore Fashion Park.  That store was very convenient to where I live and it was always busy, busy, busy.  So, imagine my surprise when about two months ago, I went there to look at something and found the store closed with a note on the door that they had moved to Scottsdale Fashion Square.


Sure enough, they moved the store from Phoenix to Scottsdale and located it at the east end of the shopping center in a spot where Barney's of New York used to be.


The new store is a huge, two-story glass enclosed spot with all kinds of room for classes and demonstrations on the lower floor.


I have to admit, it's a beautiful store but, it leaves Phoenix with no Apple store while Scottsdale as two.  That hardly seems fair to me.  After all, Phoenix is the bigger city.  Anyway, I filed my complaint when I visited the new store knowing full well, that my voice will have little impact.  I just hope that more people have been doing the same.


So, that's my rant!  Come back to Phoenix Apple people!

While I was taking these pictures of the new place, I couldn't resist zooming in on the guy with his dog waiting outside the store.

10 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Those Apple stores look all the same. I saw a simular one in New York and Amsterdam has also a glass building.

RedPat said...

That is huge! Love your catch of the guy with his dog!

Steve Reed said...

How strange! I agree it seems weird to have two stores in Scottsdale and none in Phoenix. I wonder if their eventual plan is to close the other one -- maybe this former Barney's space was just too good to pass up.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

How very odd Sharon.. and annoying also! Your Apple store looks exactly like ours, I'm guessing they look the same everywhere! What I love most about your last shot.... the guy is NOT on his phone, he's just just hanging with his dawg 😉

Catarina said...

That is a gorgeous store!
Yes, you are. You need a store like that in your city.

William Kendall said...

That does seem perplexing.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

See your frustration but you never knw they may close th eother store yet

Bill said...

That stinks, maybe the other store will close eventually. Apple calls the shots, they are just like any other corporation, profit before people. I like the guy and the dog sitting together. Nice shots, Sharon.

bookwoman31 said...

I much preferred visiting the one at the Biltmore Fashion Park, a much more pleasant experience than the bustle of Fashion Square.

Roseann said...

All of Tucson has only one Apple Store. It's frustrating.