Friday, December 7, 2018

One Last Time


I think I mentioned in a previous post that I had a "thing" for dishes, fine china and every day tableware.  When I was living in the house on the other side of town, there was a time when I had accumulated 12 sets of dishes.  I know, I know....that does sound excessive.  When I moved to my present place, I cut back by quite a bit.  I now have only 7 sets.  Well, I decided that it was time to pare that down again and the first to go will be this set of Lenox China in the Ming pattern.


I love the pattern but, I've only used these once since I moved four years ago so why keep them when someone else might get much more use out of them.  So, Saturday night, I cooked dinner for friends and got these dishes out one last time.  After this, I'm taking them to my favorite consignment store to be sold.


When I got them out of the cupboard, I found this matching vase that I'm sure I never used before.  So I filled it with roses and made it the centerpiece.

By next week, I'll be down to 6 sets.  What will go next?

10 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh my gosh how can you part with it Sharon.. only kidding ๐Ÿ˜€ In my new minimalistic stage I think you should pare it down to keeping just two sets.. what was that I heard.. a gasp of horror ๐Ÿ˜€ Meanwhile, the roses are faaaaabulous ๐ŸŒน

biebkriebels said...

You are brave to clean up the cupboard. It is so difficult to say goodbye to things you had for so long...

Catarina said...

This is a beautiful set. It must be difficult to chose which one will go next.

Steve Reed said...

It IS beautiful. You've enjoyed it, and now someone else will too!

Judy Ryer said...

I think I have three sets of your dishes. Thank you!

William Kendall said...

Hopefully they end up in the right place. They're quite eye catching.

Karl said...

A very nice set, Sharon, I would not be able to give it away ...

Bill said...

A beautiful set, Sharon. Someone will love them as much as you did so that will make you feel better.

RedPat said...

It is a beautiful set, Sharon! I'm sure someone else will be thrilled to have it. The problem with sets of china is how to get rid of them. Young people don't seem to be into china like we were.

Jack said...

It is hard doing this, isn't it? I am at the stage of life at which most of my friends are either downsizing, moving or at least thinking about decluttering. I have a 40-year collection of 100 pieces of 200-year old pottery that I need to find a new home for next summer.