Monday, December 17, 2018

Nutcrackers Everywhere


Yesterday I went to see The Nutcracker at Symphony Hall in downtown Phoenix.  It was the most beautifully staged performance I've ever seen and I've seen a lot of Nutcrackers.  Symphony Hall was full of all kinds of things to see....and buy.  There was a huge selection of festive Nutcrackers on display.

The lobby was beautifully decorated for the holidays.


































There was a photo station where families could get their picture taken with a ballerina.
































And there were several places where people could pose for selfies.


































And some people came to the performance beautifully attired in vintage lace and feathers.

Most of all, I enjoyed an outstanding performance with spectacular scenery and stunning costumes all enhanced by a very talented cast of dancers.  It was great.

8 comments:

biebkriebels said...

That last photo amazes me. The old lady made a lot of work of her outfit! She looks she has stepped back in time.

Andy said...

...It’s the most wonderful time of the year and Sharon, you are enjoying it to the fullest...

RedPat said...

I love that last pic too!

Judy Ryer said...

All so very festive! And about the ballerina, the last time my leg was in that position it was because it was broken.

William Kendall said...

The ballerina posing is my favourite of these. I've seen that here.

Bill said...

The last picture is a winner, the older lady has the look of long ago.

Thérèse said...

Very inviting. I do love the last pic:

Jack said...

A wonderful post, Sharon. Your last photo stopped me in my tracks. The grandmother is from another century.