Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Music in the Garden


There was music in every corner of the garden when I was there last Friday.  A mariachi group was playing just inside the entrance to greet people as they arrived.


I spent some time listening to these two fabulous guitar players.  They are The Sahnas Brothers, a duo with Greek roots who specialize in Spanish and Mediterranean fusion music.  It was foot-tapping fun.


I ended the evening with another performance by the group called Traveler.  I saw them last year around this time too.  They perform world fusion music using a variety of native instruments.  They do an outstanding version of Hava Nagila, one of my favorites.  Fortunately for the people near me, the music was loud enough that no one could hear me singing along.

8 comments:

biebkriebels said...

That was a very popular song when we were young indeed!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

It's pretty hard not to sing along with that one Sharon 😀 All three musical styles would get those toes tapping!

Steve Reed said...

At least you HOPE so! Ha!

William Kendall said...

I like the contrasts between each set of them.

Judy Ryer said...

How fun! The Sahnas Brothers were at an event here at the courthouse once and I thought they were great. I bought a CD from them.

Catalyst said...

I'm curious about those canisters with "Acorn Gas" on the sides of them. Are they some type of heater?

RedPat said...

Everyone looks a bit bundled up so it must have been a cool but enjoyable evening, Sharon!

Bill said...

Looks like it was a great evening of music.