Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Glass Tree

Yesterday I mentioned that I had lunch with a friend in downtown Phoenix.  We ate at a place called Hanny's.  I've written about Hanny's before back in 2009  when it opened.  Hanny's used to be a clothing store many years ago. (You can read about it's history on my old post.)  It is owned by the same people who own AZ88, the place in Scottsdale that does my all-time favorite burger and has  the very eclectic art displays that change all year long. Hanny's doesn't do the same changing art display but, they do follow the tradition of very creative Christmas Trees.  This year's tree is made entirely of textured glass and is lit from the inside in a soft blue.  I like it!

This reminds me that I need to get over to AZ88 to see what kind of tree they've put up.

One other note, I heard the guy sitting at the next table tell his lunch partner that his father brought him here to buy a suit when he was 16 years old.  This place always spurs on those memories of the building's former life.

12 comments:

Catarina said...

Blueish instead of green. Still pretty.
:)

Andy said...

The first thing that popped into my mind was Elvis singing Blue Christmas.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Like that they kept the name Sharon, I think that was probably a very smart move. Love the tree, tres Frozen 😉😂

biebkriebels said...

A very pretty sight the blue inside and outsight.

RedPat said...

That is gorgeous, Sharon! I want one!

Judy Ryer said...

That is a pretty tree. I like the blue. We went there with you once for lunch many years ago.

William Kendall said...

Very pretty!

Karl said...

"Your" Christmas trees are fabulous, Sharon !
Unusual, but fabulous !

Steve Reed said...

It reminds me of the artificial trees in "A Charlie Brown Christmas," where Charlie knocks on one of them and it produces a metallic sound. I guess this one would sound glassy! But it IS very cool-looking. (Literally!)

Bill said...

Very impressive and beautiful. I like the blue glow of the tree, very pretty.

Catalyst said...

I like the tree.

Unknown said...

Pretty