Sunday, January 16, 2022

Unusual Building

 

If I drive straight north on my street to the place where the street ends, I see this building sitting on a skinny piece of land.  Since I have lived here, it has been a bank and now a real estate office.  

It is located on the back side of a long shopping/office center full or restaurants, clinics and a variety of businesses. So on the side visible above, it faces the back of the shopping center.  On the other side of it is a steep ravine.  The place fascinates me.  I like the rocky exterior but, I can't help but wonder why it was built in such a strange spot.  I took these photos on one of our recent rainy days.

I have an new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I'm visiting my favorite Egyptian spot....in New York.

13 comments:

Andy said...

It's beautiful, a classic and a rare sight.









beautiful sight

biebkriebels said...

Funny building, I like it.

Travel said...

It looks comfortable in the place,the stone, the angles, I like it.

RedPat said...

It is such an odd building!

Gardens at Waters East said...

I like that buildings. I have always been fascinated by why people build what they build, especially private homes. Some are real sculptures, other NOT SO MUCH, more cookie cutter - not my taste. Thanks for sharing these photos. My sister lives in Phoenix as of the past year and I will send here the photo so she can find the place. Thanks

Bill said...

Very unique building, I like it too.

WiseTioga said...

Interesting. Some more photos would be nice,

William Kendall said...

It looks unusual.

Catarina said...

Yeah, it is unusual.

Gemel said...

WOW!

Steve Reed said...

That IS a very weird building. It looks like it's waiting to be repurposed into a luxury residence!

Amy said...

It's very 1950s/1960s - I like those kind of buildings.

remmij said...

that took way longer than it should have… not many hints or photo GPS…
but still a fun search
it still seems to be a bank: First Fidelity Bank - Biltmore Estates
6232 N 32nd St, Phoenix, AZ 85018
your part is off Marlette Ave
https://goo.gl/maps/s9uhd4FRtWDzkdKM9