Sunday, January 9, 2022

Another Past Art Challenge

 

Back in 2017, one of the challenges of my Art Challenge Group was "Russia".  Having never been to Russia, I struggled with the subject until I remembered my affection for a certain Russian born artist, Wassily Kandinsky.  I have always loved Kandinsky's abstract and geometric works.  So I decided to attempt a Kandinsky-like drawing in colored pencil.  This was the result. 


Last October when I was in New York, I got to see the actual painting I used as my inspiration for my drawing.  I had my friend Glenda take a photo of me by the painting.

The Guggenheim Museum had an exhibit of Kandinsky's works.  Solomon Guggenheim was a friend and patron of Kandinsky and he owned a very large number of his works, all of which were on display

On Sharon's Sojourns today I've created a post all about that exhibit.  So many beautiful pieces!

7 comments:

biebkriebels said...

That is nice, you made a good likeness of the original!

Catarina said...

How wonderful! I am impressed.: )

Travel said...

Neat art. There is a Russian market near me, would be fun to take photos of some of the goodies.

RedPat said...

You did well with that project, Sharon. Your tastes are very similar to mine I think.

Steve Reed said...

Excellent! I love that you got to visit the real thing.

William Kendall said...

Well done.

Gemel said...

Great job.